The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Chocolat

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:29 pm

Elon Musk has been officially subpoenaed.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Oh boy, would I love to be in that deposition room. I can't wait until they subpoena James Franco too. :popcorn:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:35 pm

After James Franco, who else is left? IO, Whitney, Amanda D. the makeup artist?
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Her former assistant Savanna McMillan, friends Helen Phillips and Rami Sarabi (her rich Syrian friend) and others who went to Coachella with her for her birthday after one of the alleged incidents. There is also her mother, whom she said that she confided in and let's not forget Amanda de Cadenet who tried to convince people that she was a victim. There are also people from the picnic her make up artist friend Elizabeth Marz hosted a day after the alleged incident in May 2016.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks. Yes, I was aware of Amanda (IMO, she needs to be subpoenaed as well as IO) and I was curious about Rami and, is it, Brandon, her close friend? At the time AH hung out with Cara Delevigne too. However, there really are only a few of those mentioned that would offer the specific info Waldman would be looking for.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Yes, Brandon McCulloch is a close friend but he doesn't seem to be involved in any of the alleged incidents. iO might get subpoenaed because in her statement she never said that Johnny yelled at her or called her names like Amber said in her declaration and she also said in her essay that she called the cops because she knew Amber would not do it, but Amber said she told iO to call the cops, so there is a lot of conflicting stories there. She isn't a good witness and has no photos to back up what she said she saw in the apartment even though she says she is a photographer.

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:43 am

I would like to hear testimony from Amber's mother. She has known Amber a long time.
The first time I read Amber's deposition about telling her mother, I thought that her mother was supporting the hoax by telling her to take photos.

So at the very beginning, I would only tell my mom who -- somebody who understands this sort of situation. And then I --
Q So your mom?
A And then I --
Q You told her that you had been physically abused by Johnny Depp?
A Yeah. I would tell her from the -- almost -- almost at the very beginning I confided in her. That's why I had pictures.

On reading again, I thought maybe Amber's mother was skeptical of Amber's story and was it was more like 'unless there are pictures, I don't believe you'.

I would like Amber's mother to be asked questions like "Is Amber a truthful person?" and "Has Amber previously made accusations about any person(s)?"

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:14 am

I bought the witness list for the Rocky Trial. I'm not comfortable posting here as its a public forum. Johnny's strongest witnesses are Emma and Brad. Rocky has a longer list but includes his sister and family therapist. Miriam Segal (who was originally being sued) is listed as a witness for Rocky. Rocky's list also included AH and Waldman, but I presume after the Final Conference Meeting they've been dropped (Adam said in The Blast that Rocky lost his motions so assume that was about bringing in AH, Alcohol/Drug allegations, and all his other lawsuits)

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:41 am

Depp's attorney Adam Waldman tells The Blast, "Today, one more whistleblower who doesn’t know Mr. Depp felt compelled to come forward to defend the truth by presenting a photograph and text exchanges. And yesterday, Judge Fujie denied all of Rocky Brooks’ motions, which were transparent attempts to turn his looming trial into a circus by citing irrelevancies like Amber Heard’s unrelated hoax allegations. Mr. Brooks’ motions exposed what his lawyers Tamar Arminak and Arbella Azizian meant when they said they were "working with Amber Heard’s counsel Eric George.” We intend to seek sanctions against Mr. Brooks counsel for malicious prosecution after the trial."
I originally posted and quoted the full article here early. The Blast has updated it and removed the portion I underlined above Hmmmm?

Oct 8, 2019 at 20:44 pm UTC / Last Updated at Oct 10, 2019 at 2:16 am UTC
By Mike Walters

Depp's attorney Adam Waldman tells The Blast, "Today, one more whistleblower who doesn’t know Mr. Depp felt compelled to come forward to defend the truth by presenting a photograph and text exchanges. And yesterday, Judge Fujie denied all of Rocky Brooks’ motions, which were transparent attempts to turn his looming trial into a circus by citing irrelevancies like Amber Heard’s unrelated hoax allegations. Mr. Brooks’ motions exposed what his lawyers meant when they said they were "working with Amber Heard’s counsel Eric George.”

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:42 am

Oh, a new Blast Article

Johnny Depp Scores Victory in Assault Battle, Amber Heard & Alleged Drug Use Off Limits During Trial

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, a Los Angeles judge sided with Depp and granted his motion. The motion sought to prohibit any evidence or testimony about his ex-wife or alleged drug use in a court case.

Earlier this year, Gregg “Rocky” Brooks sued Depp accusing him of assault on the film set for “City of Lies”. Depp has denied the allegations and claimed self-defense. The trial is scheduled to begin on October 21.

The actor was pleading for Heard and alleged drug use not be mentioned to the jury.
(I hope they can use/cite this ruling in the Defamation trial where they are asking for all this stuff, plus)

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Lbock wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:14 am
I bought the witness list for the Rocky Trial. I'm not comfortable posting here as its a public forum. Johnny's strongest witnesses are Emma and Brad. Rocky has a longer list but includes his sister and family therapist. Miriam Segal (who was originally being sued) is listed as a witness for Rocky. Rocky's list also included AH and Waldman, but I presume after the Final Conference Meeting they've been dropped (Adam said in The Blast that Rocky lost his motions so assume that was about bringing in AH, Alcohol/Drug allegations, and all his other lawsuits)
Wise decision, IMHO, Lbock. I’ve thought for a long while now that, perhaps, this thread should be open only to registered guests who have logged in. Would be a little inconvenient, but considering the ideas, suggestions, observations, comments etc., all based on almost two decades of following JD and all far more eloquent and factual than my own tirades, well, I’m just wondering if maybe it would be the right thing to do at this point. There is so much at stake for Johnny and there are now attorneys involved in both lawsuits with motives having nothing to do with truth or justice . . .

“Closing the barn door too late” maybe, but how ‘bout “better late than never” ?
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 pm

justintime wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Wise decision, IMHO, Lbock. I’ve thought for a long while now that, perhaps, this thread should be open only to registered guests who have logged in.

“Closing the barn door too late” maybe, but how ‘bout “better late than never” ?
I was thinking the same as we know they were here and pulled info. All the archive articles are there for their picking with little to no effort. But I've only just returned from a long hiatus...family and work changes.

Also, I googled "the blog" and this forum were the top links, so even the media can be trolling here.

stroch

Unread post by stroch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:05 pm

I think it should be private...actually, I thought it was.

We know about the excessive traffic at times, but we don't know who generates all of it. I guess the mods can see the IP addresses and can do a search if something seems suspicious.

Second edit: right now,I am the only registered member on line,but there are 513 guests.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:22 pm

stroch wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:05 pm
I think it should be private...actually, I thought it was.

We know about the excessive traffic at times, but we don't know who generates all of it. I guess the mods can see the IP addresses and can do a search if something seems suspicious.

Second edit: right now,I am the only registered member on line,but there are 513 guests.
Those 513 'guests' are mostly Chinese bots that are attempting to search our board. Most of the forums they're attempting to search are closed to guests so all they get is a page that tells them they're not allowed in.

This board--all of the News board, in fact--has always been open to everyone and will remain so. As far as I can tell, everything that has been posted in this thread is publicly available to anyone willing to put in the time and money to find it. You guys aren't posting anything that falls outside of those guidelines.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:06 pm

I think Johnny's PR team reads here probably just as much as Amber's does because they want to know the general consensus of what the fans think. Johnny said once the fans can see things before him and his PR even see them sometimes. Somehow I think her lawyer wants people to believe that Johnny sends out a Depp Army or something but the truth is a lot of his fans never liked her from the beginning when she was wearing his clothes to draw attention that they were a couple. Being a fan of Johnny's is like being on a roller coaster sometimes but boy it's worth the ride. We can see and feel when he is up and we can see and feel when he his down just by looking at his clothes, accessories and of course those deep dark eyes. We've been waiting a long time for that sparkle to come back and now that's it's back I think a lot of us feel relief because we know he is in a better place now. We cry for him, we rejoice for him and we fight for him. A lot of people can't understand that.