The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
In-too-Depp

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Tue May 21, 2019 8:15 am

Thanks Ade for the link to the deposition. It makes for depressing reading when you consider Johnny put up with all that during their short marriage. Despite all of it he stuck with her, lied to shield her and still she stabbed him in the back. There's no doubt she's got mental health issues, the sheer scale of abuse and manipulation is unbelievable.

I'm so glad Johnny took the high road, kept quiet and concentrated on building his case which now leads to a good lawyer and lots of witness statements, video footage and much more to back up his rightful claim of being the 'abused' and not the 'abuser'. I know there's still a long way to go but I'm sure that in the end he'll be the one walking away from court having been found innocent.
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue May 21, 2019 11:35 am

Had Johnny known about the video surveillance tapes that his former lawyer (with the request/help from Amber) obtained in their custody back then, he may have pursued the case sooner. It was Adam Waldman who made the discovery of the hidden security tapes that aided in his investigation into Amber Heard's and friend's hoax. Nevertheless, remaining silent as Johnny built his case was an act of bravery while going through the backlash of negativity brought on by the hoaxer woman.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue May 21, 2019 11:45 am

The difference between a DECLARATION and a DEPOSITION

"A declaration is a written statement made for use as evidence in court and signed under penalty of perjury. It may substitute for a sworn affidavit if the applicable rules permit and it is in proper form. A deposition is the questioning of a party under oath with a court reporter recording the testimony. A party noticing a deposition pays for the court reporter. Counsel for the party being deposed has the right to cross examine the deponent..."

What Ade posted is a link to Johnny's Declaration. I was getting confused and needed a bit of clarity. I hope this is helpful.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Tue May 21, 2019 1:51 pm

From the People article:
In one instance, Depp alleged he had asked Heard to sign a post-nuptial agreement after the two had tied the knot in 2015.

“She went berserk and began throwing bottles at me,” Depp claimed. “The first bottle sailed past my head and missed, but then she threw a large glass vodka bottle.”

The actor said the bottle hit the countertop where he had his hand and caused his finger to shatter, ultimately severing his fingertip.

“I had to have 3 surgeries to reconstruct my finger and contracted MRSA three time,” he claimed. “I feared that I would lose my finger, my arm and my life.”
MRSA! :-O So this is why it took him over a month to recover from finger surgery and was under 24-hr care before returning to the POTC5 set.

As for the other Blast article Ade posted from 5/20, it's possible JD was counting on $ from POTC6, FB3 and maybe even profits from City of Lies and The Professor to pay for some of the legal expenses. Thanks in large part to the nonstop lies and slurs of the Sea Witch, all those have faltered to some degree. He got the official news about Pirates in December and told the Bulkey (sp?) Law firm to stop work in January. Or maybe Depp's main legal team decided they had obtained enough material from the secondary lawyers and there's a dispute over what work was authorized.

Either way, Johnny is absolutely right when he says that he will continue to deny that he abused Heard or any other woman for the rest of his life. He'll have to, sadly, and he will have that mangled finger as a constant reminder as well. All thanks to Scamber and her pack of greedy, soulless grifters. I hope they all go to jail.

ladylinn

Unread post by ladylinn » Tue May 21, 2019 5:04 pm

I do not have a legal mind but it seems to me that Johnny and his team have their ducks (facts) in a row. Go Johnny!!

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Wed May 22, 2019 4:44 am

This sentence on page 16 just make me so sad ...

There was nothing particularly memorable to me about this incident, given the sheer volume of violent assaults and other abuse I endured from Ms. Heard during our relationship.
NOBODY should live like that! And especially not a sweet fellow like our Johnny ...

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 am

meeps wrote:This sentence on page 16 just make me so sad ...

There was nothing particularly memorable to me about this incident, given the sheer volume of violent assaults and other abuse I endured from Ms. Heard during our relationship.
NOBODY should live like that! And especially not a sweet fellow like our Johnny ...

That quote stood out for me, too, meeps. I feel the same way as you do. :hug2:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Thanks a billion, my sweet Chocolat :airkiss2:

I just came across this , which doesn't contain anything new except this:

“Johnny is gratified that his words are finally being heard but remains frustrated that the media largely ignores his overwhelming factual evidence of what Ms. Heard has perpetrated,” Adam Waldman, Johnny Depp’s attorney, tells HollywoodLife.com in a statement. “In contrast, Amber Heard’s lawyer says ‘the evidence is clear,’ and then provides none.” We’ve also reached out to Amber’s camp and will update the post with any further information.
And yeah, that must be frustrating. Although I think more media outlets have started to tell about his side of the story/the truth. Albeit in a very cautious way. Or at least it seems timid to me compared to how they have "trumpeted" Johnny's alleged guilt out to all four corners of the compass earlier.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed May 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Yes, meeps, that comment struck me hard as well: so off-hand, a resigned acceptance that this abuse is now a part of his life. Who, in a position to do anything, would believe the truth? What a terribly impossible place to be. I just don’t know how he’s had the strength to persevere. I admire him without reservation.

All of this is so sick. What kind of society do we live in that provides not only sanctuary but multiple, respectable, world renowned public platforms for this now admitted-under-oath perjurer and abuser, and (imao) dangerous sociopath, to present herself as a compassionate human being of integrity and worth??

Johnny is right - Hollywood IS a cesspool - a cesspool of cowards - cowards and powerful, moneyed thieves. All one and the same. How else does crucial evidence get lost when the supposedly best attorneys available are minding the store? Why else would the media so obviously and continually operate in lockstep whether it be selectively reporting or reviewing Johnny’s work? How does a talentless, amoral viper conveniently emerge (and is obviously propped up for years) as a sought after spokesperson for the most timely movement of the decade? Answer: When there is power and money - lots of each - involved.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Wed May 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Chocolat wrote:

That quote stood out for me, too, meeps. I feel the same way as you do. :hug2:
Reading about the way Johnny was abused makes me extremely angry and extremely sad.

Shook

Unread post by Shook » Wed May 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Lots of discussion going on over on Twitter. Brian has put together a very informative thread including new witness statements etc:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThatBrianFel ... 8619676672

stroch

Unread post by stroch » Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 pm

I think that the April 13 post about the big time drug dealer wanting his clients to exert pressure for dropping the lawsuit rings true. She who cannot be named is a grifter and it is very plausible that she referred many, many influential people to him/her. When I read that post, things just clicked about why her side is always promoted.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Thu May 23, 2019 3:39 am

The most heartbreaking part is Kevin's testimony describing how Johnny tried to jokingly say "it was no big deal" and that he could tell Johnny was uncomfortable & embarrassed.
Amen to that :sad: :tear: :bawl:

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 pm

Shook wrote:Lots of discussion going on over on Twitter. Brian has put together a very informative thread including new witness statements etc:

Thanks for this link! Brian really rips apart Amber's allegation's. I don't know who he is but he is really doing a good job. I hope everyone will read it.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu May 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Judymac wrote:
Shook wrote:Lots of discussion going on over on Twitter. Brian has put together a very informative thread including new witness statements etc:

Thanks for this link! Brian really rips apart Amber's allegation's. I don't know who he is but he is really doing a good job. I hope everyone will read it.
I saw his first YouTube video months ago, showing how IO Tillet Write lied multiple times. It is a fascinating journey that Brian takes the viewer, pin pointing specifics with dates, times, locations and pretty much nullifying IO's claims with proof that he also lied.
Brian's follow up videos #2 and #3 that exposes Amber's lies is a must view. For the sake of time, Brian is now using Twitter to explain Johnny's recent declaration as well as his witnesses' depositions. Because of Brian's excellent investigative research, others have taken to share thoughts regarding the hoax and using Twitter to pool together their finds.
It's truly amazing how Johnny's fans and supporters are rallying together to bring attention to the truth when media outlets have yet to report Johnny's side with the fervor as they did for the Hoaxer and her hoaxer friends.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~