The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
hollyberry

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:54 am

meeps wrote:This might just be wishful thinking, but if true it seems we don't have to boycott Aquaman 2, after all :biggrin:
Glad to hear it for a number of reasons; firstly because now she knows what it feels like, and I will be able to see the sequel! :loveshower:

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:12 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
justintime wrote:Well, I guess AH was stopped at one event and then turned around and got herself welcomed at another. How is this even possible - unless there are very deep pockets ensuring she stays relevant?

https://twitter.com/itfansofdepp/status ... 5395449856

https://twitter.com/itfansofdepp/status ... 5062437889

At the NetherlandsUN she is participating in panels for “survivors of sexual assault” and “victims of sexual violence”!!! Heartsick ... not only with the welcome she’s enjoying at such an important gathering but, worse, that she’s now not just an advocate for victims of domestic violence, she’s somehow morphed into a full-fledged spokesperson against sexual violence! Just being able to establish herself worldwide as a legitimate representative of the latter is insinuating herself into another whole area of people’s minds. Mind boggling!
This is why we have to be be persistent against these organizations about being connected to her. More people need to come forward and blast them on their social media sites. As Johnny's good friend Patti Smith would say "USE YOUR VOICE!" :toastingpirates:
So now she is saying that she was a victim of "sexual assault"? When did this come up? She claimed that he hit her in the face and now she is alleging sexual assault! It sounds like she is continue to spin even more lies.

This is a defintion of sexual assault: "Sexual assault is an act in which a person intentionally sexually touches another person without that person's consent, or coerces or physically forces a person to engage in a sexual act against their wil."

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:07 am

This smacks of desperation to me. The truth about her so called 'spousal abuse' has hit the fan, so to speak, and now she's trying to find something else to pin on Johnny.
Sorry Amber, it isn't going to work. I was looking at a news website yesterday, and of all the comments only one poster supported her. In fact, quite a few were apologizing to Johnny for believing her.
The truth is out. :yes:

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:19 am

hollyberry wrote:I was looking at a news website yesterday, and of all the comments only one poster supported her. In fact, quite a few were apologizing to Johnny for believing her.
Oh, I love, love, LOVE that :truefan: :loveshower: :cloud9:
And if that makes me a bad person - then so be it :flirt:

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:14 pm

meeps wrote:
hollyberry wrote:I was looking at a news website yesterday, and of all the comments only one poster supported her. In fact, quite a few were apologizing to Johnny for believing her.
Oh, I love, love, LOVE that :truefan: :loveshower: :cloud9:
And if that makes me a bad person - then so be it :flirt:

I hope when she is exposed as a vicious liar that her career is ruined.

nebraska

Unread post by nebraska » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:54 pm

All I want is for her to quietly go away and never be heard of again.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:48 pm

Yeah, me too. Although I don’t think “go quietly” comes naturally to her ... But “never to be heard of again” - I think, that would be the worst possible punishment for her :biggrin:

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:05 am

meeps wrote:I am not sure, if it is OK to show this here. If not please remove it, dear moderators. And I won't protest :whistle: But I found this petiton to remove AH as ambassador for ACLU via Facebook and think, it could use some more signatures ...
Signed - thanks for the link, Meeps!

She started with the "sexual violence" in the 2nd paragraph of her Washington Post op-ed, before switching focus to being a domestic abuse victim. Hope it's ok that I just quote and don't link to her piece, since allegedly defamatory articles vs JD don't need any more clicks:
...Like many women, I had been harassed and sexually assaulted by the time I was of college age. But I kept quiet — I did not expect filing complaints to bring justice. And I didn’t see myself as a victim.

Then two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse, and I felt the full force of our culture’s wrath for women who speak out....

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:35 am

You're very welcome, Ruby :airkiss2: And thanks a lot for signing :love:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 am

This is off topic I am sorry but I don't know where to put it - last night AH was at another SAMS event - but they don't seem to have put it on their twitter page. It's on her fans pages.

Now why would that be?

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Ade wrote:This is off topic I am sorry but I don't know where to put it - last night AH was at another SAMS event - but they don't seem to have put it on their twitter page. It's on her fans pages.

Now why would that be?
Perhaps it's because all this week Johnny fans have been using Twitter, bombarding Sams as well as #L'Oreal, the #ACLU, #metoo, protesting the hypocrisy of her being a spokesperson for them. At some point, somebody at these organizations will wake up and understand the importance of dropping Amber Heard.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Yes apologies I was being sarcastic! Bad British habit.

My how things change - this really isn't being given coverage thank goodness.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm

We can add TRIBECA2019 (04/24 - 05/05/19) to your list, Chocolat, for accepting the film Gully into competition knowing full well that by doing so they will be inviting a serial liar and (alleged) domestic violence perpetrator, currently being sued for defamation, to walk their prestigious red carpet.

And you have absolutely no reason, Ade, to be offering apologies for the perfectly appropriate use of a bit of sarcasm.

Frankly, I’m beyond disgusted with being expected to just be grateful that there doesn’t appear to be too much damaging coverage of another AH award or speech. Any institution, organization, corporation, company, hard copy or online “news” outfit - whatever - that made the conscious, self-serving, cowardly decision to leap on the bandwagon providing AH a well-protected platform from which to spew her duplicitous rhetoric for the past three years is no longer to be trusted. IMAO, any such group, no matter how “noble” - or not - their raison d’être, has a lot of explaining to do, not the least of which is how/why they choose the people they select to honor as their spokespersons. Hiding, being silent, deleting or ignoring justifiably questioning inquiries is inviting a day of reckoning. It can’t come too hard or too soon.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Well said, justintime, and I fully agree. In addition, my gripe is with The Blast. While I truly appreciate their exclusivity with the revealing photo of Johnny with the huge swollen bruise and black eye, courtesy of Amber Heard, I'm frustrated with them as well. I wish they would release that photo so other news media are permitted to print it to show the public at large what exactly Amber Heard has done to Johnny. It is so unjust to not have Johnny side of the story fully covered to the extent that Amber Heard had and paid to have printed. Her hoax needs uninterrupted circulation. I believe all those organizations, who have yet to say or do anything despite the Depp community's social media outrage, are just waiting for one of the them to start the ball rolling.
On his Twitter account, actor, Paul Sanchez (Platoon co-star) recently mentioned his support for Johnny with "....more will come out". That is encouraging news and I hope it isn't too long before Amber Heard's hoax is extensively known.
I trust Johnny's team has a meticulous plan of action in the works. It's just frustrating waiting on pins and needles for their next move.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:36 am

It is, but unfortunately that's how the process goes. The good thing is, public opinion is swinging in Johnny's favour. I actually think he's brave to come out with this, not only to clear his name but to prove that there is nothing shameful about being a male victim of domestic abuse.
I am saddened that the #metoo movement has been used by someone like Heard for such a nefarious purpose. :sad: :grr: