The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Ruby Begonia

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:15 am

Ade wrote:RumLover that is a really good point about the Rocky case.

One other positive thought to share with you - nothing to do with lawsuits, but a simple fact in the commercial world.

Johnny's face is all over central London at the moment. There is a huge picture driving out of London on the West Way and he on the bus stops in all the main shopping streets and busy areas. He's also towering on a big screen at Heathrow. It really cheered me up when the Aquaman posters starting appearing that they were outnumbered by Au Sauvage. It is really cheerful walking through London with Christmas lights and Johnny's face.

In the real world, where businesses need to sell products, his image and reputation sells.
:thankyou: Ade for the lovely news about the Sauvage ads. I like the new Eau de Parfum a little better than the original eau de toilette: it has more of a citrus component, although I think both smell wonderful.

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:12 pm

The Rocky case is dismissed, Rocky has dropped his lawsuit against Johnny.
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:54 pm

:applause: :applause2:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 pm

RumLover wrote: . . . . I think that to counter the violent reputation of the past couple of years, Depp will also have to win against Rocky Brooks (the location manager) as well as The Sun. It is the Rocky case that I see people quoting as Depp is violent with the crew. If Rocky drops his complaint, then hopefully Depp will be able to bring a case against Rocky. That might depend on whether Rocky made is claims outside of court filings.

You are right, RumLover.

Well, I guess we’ll see now that Rocky withdrew his complaint and the case has been dismissed. Can only imagine the worst when I think about the myriad anti-Johnny ways this can now be spun. Not holding out too much hope the “# Johnny Depp is innocent” will be the media/social media headline of choice . . .
Last edited by justintime on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Thank you ITD. Good and wonderful news !!! :applause2:

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:36 pm

:cheers: Happy news indeed!
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:54 pm

This is good news and should be taken that way. In American justice a case that is dropped is different than being found not guilty after a trial. However,in this case, they accomplish the same thing. It might be that the case was dropped because there was not enough evidence to prove Johnny did anything wrong. It would have been a waste of everyone's time to continue this case. It's the same outcome, but Johnny did not have to endure a trial. It's a win for him. I hope I explained this correctly.

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:34 pm

It would be nice if this fraud eventually has to pay Johnny's expensive legal fees. Pursung that would cost him more money, however. Glad he won but the whole thing is just another unfair SCAM.

moviemom

Unread post by moviemom » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:55 pm

The Rocky case is dismissed, Rocky has dropped his lawsuit against Johnny.
:applause2:
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd :sweeneysmile:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 pm

Ruby Begonia wrote:It would be nice if this fraud eventually has to pay Johnny's expensive legal fees. Pursung that would cost him more money, however. Glad he won but the whole thing is just another unfair SCAM.

I agree with you, Ruby Begonia, re payment of legal fees.

I haven’t read anything that definitively declares one side or the other a “winner” or, more importantly, clearly exonerates Johnny. In many ways the end result is exasperatingly similar to the DV claims aspect of the divorce: allegations dropped, no legal ruling or clearing of Johnny’s name going forward.

Demanding and being granted reimbursement of all expenses Johnny incurred in this travesty might require further expenditure on Johnny’s part but such a ruling would, at last, send a clear winner/loser message without the outrageous fees of a jury trial. It would also stop dead in their tracks any attempts to spin creative interpretations of Rocky’s reasons for dropping his vile charges.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:03 pm

According to https://theblast.com/Johnny-depp-allege ... -director/ the case dropped the complaint against the director but not against Depp.

The crew member who is suing Johnny Depp over an alleged film set beatdown has dropped the movie’s director from the legal battle.

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, the crew member, Gregg “Rocky” Brooks, is dismissing “City of Lies” director Brad Furman from the case, leaving Depp and his production company as the sole defendants.

He also dropped parts of his lawsuit against Depp but is still pursuing his claim of assault and battery against the actor.
(If you are wondering what is theblast.com, it is run by ex-TMZ staff)

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:41 pm

The case started with the naming of just about any and everyone involved in that movie, including the studio and distributors. Now he is systematically dropping defendants. Maybe he thought somebody would just pay him off to go away?

I wonder if he dropped his "wrongful termination" claims, too, or if that was part of a separate suit?

He's already missed one court appearance and has been reprimanded by the court.

It may not be over, but he isn't presenting himself well in the public's eye...

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:23 am

I can't see our gentle, very protective man just calmly having a nickname for his abuse ... Oh, I am talking about this newest leak to the press: But leaked by whom? Because despite what AH's lawyer claim at the end, it seems to me, that it helps her the most - getting the monster idea repeated in public ... There is after all unfortunately quite a lot of people out there, who believe that women - especially young, blond and beautiful ones - never lie :facepalm:

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:22 am

meeps wrote:I can't see our gentle, very protective man just calmly having a nickname for his abuse ... Oh, I am talking about this newest leak to the press: But leaked by whom? Because despite what AH's lawyer claim at the end, it seems to me, that it helps her the most - getting the monster idea repeated in public ... There is after all unfortunately quite a lot of people out there, who believe that women - especially young, blond and beautiful ones - never lie :facepalm:
All over the world, Johnny is seen as a loving and helpful person. He has friends who are really good people, like Alice Cooper, Tommy Henriksen, Tim Burton. All these workmates (Judi Dench, JK Rowling) and friends hold to Johnny because they know that he is a good person.
For me she is a mentally disturbed, neurotic and narcissistic person who needs help. It is high time she needed psychological help. Her family, friends and work colleagues do not help her when they look away. Her psyche is ill and she needs help. I honestly wonder that nobody stops her.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:46 am

Amen!