The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
redrascal1

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by redrascal1 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:34 am

I am frankly fed up with all of this...since the Heard business all kinds of lowlives have been creeping out of the woodwork. The press love this sort of thing...and the internet is sadly full of trolls. Here in the UK you might have heard of the case of a court battle between the parents of a seriously ill little boy and the hospital treating him. The press were firmly on the side of the medical profession but what revolted me was the abuse being heaped on the parents via news forums on the internet...anyone who tried defending them was also abused. If they can do this to the average person they will wallow in it regarding those in the public eye. I myself won't even read such rubbish. :banghead: :mad2:

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Sat May 05, 2018 9:16 am

I must admit I did not read the tabloids but the comments section. And mostly people said the same: why didn't they leave when it was so horrible to work. Why didn't they not go the manager to complain? And a lot of the readers said that they did not complain about traveling to good places. And they often said that other jobs seem much harder than their work. A nanny or a driver do not earn as much as a bodyguard, so why didn't they want do that job.
It was interesting because often a lot of the comments are against him.

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread post by sleepy » Sat May 05, 2018 4:35 pm

The English press have been especially brutal. Today it was The Guardian. Very nasty article saying his career is "toast." I didn't read the article...I just can't deal with that anymore.
Funny ol' world, innit?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat May 05, 2018 4:41 pm

sleepy wrote:The English press have been especially brutal. Today it was The Guardian. Very nasty article saying his career is "toast." I didn't read the article...I just can't deal with that anymore.
I am hurting Over this. It’s been a rough one. But the claims aren’t as bad as what she claimed, and he survived that. :heartbeat:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat May 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Lbock wrote:
sleepy wrote:The English press have been especially brutal. Today it was The Guardian. Very nasty article saying his career is "toast." I didn't read the article...I just can't deal with that anymore.
I am hurting Over this. It’s been a rough one. But the claims aren’t as bad as what she claimed, and he survived that. :heartbeat:
Who ever wrote that article didn't know he made 5 films in the past year. His career is far from toast. :smh:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat May 05, 2018 6:21 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Lbock wrote:
Who ever wrote that article didn't know he made 5 films in the past year. His career is far from toast. :smh:
And one of the top grossing actor in 2017. Why do they keep saying Pirates was a disappointment. It did great world wide. Yes, not as well domestically. The best measure will be Richard or Labrynth which doesn’t have that big studio or ensemble support. Fingers crossed they get openings. I’m not even sure I want them out this year with all the mess. Maybe 2019 would be better. Let it be Hollywood Vamps and Grindelwald this Year.

And Dior keeps saying they are the one of highest grossing men’s fragrance because of the “Depp effect”.
Last edited by Joni on Sat May 05, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added capitalization

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat May 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Here are a couple cases that lawyer for the bodyguards has handled. Very similar,
Long hours, no overtime, had to take care of kids and clean op dog pee (demeaning job), oh my found or someone used drugs....

Very similar strategy for the body guards

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/f ... 14732.html
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013 ... uit-diddy/

BlueBohemia

Unread post by BlueBohemia » Sat May 05, 2018 10:05 pm

I wonder what kind of evidence they had. Did they win those cases?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat May 05, 2018 10:11 pm

BlueBohemia wrote:I wonder what kind of evidence they had. Did they win those cases?
I think One settles out of court. Can’t find anything on the other
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014 ... y-lawsuit/

Sweeney Todd

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Sun May 06, 2018 12:26 am

I haven't read it yet, but haven't they figured by now that his personal life turmoil doesn't really have much of an affect on his career? I mean, his two movies last year grossed over a billion right after all the Heard drama. If they think he's actually lost millions of fans all over the world, they're in denial.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sun May 06, 2018 1:48 am

One comment under one article - I have forgotten which one - asked, if it was "cool" to hate Johnny. And yeah, I unfortunately think, that it is in certain circles.
More seem to love him. Also based on comments under even highly critical articles. But among gossip journalists it seems, it's cool to criticise him all they can.
I have a theory, that some thought, that Jack Sparrow made our boy even more popular and loved, than he already was. And since he's not the macho, right wing hero, they like for the public to adore, they want (have wanted for several years now) to take him down at least a notch or two. ... or maybe seven.
I am not saying, it's an actual conspiracy against him. Just some people not liking really many women and quite a few men loving a sweet, gentle guy so much .

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Sun May 06, 2018 2:03 am

Maybe those tabloids hope to get a lot of clicks writing nasty articles. And the clicks mean money to them and I suppose that is all what is importent to them. The journalists often do no research, they just copy. And a lot of people do not know that he had a lot of work or that his movies like Pìrates 5 or MOTOE had done well. :mad2:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 am

You are definitely right Reindeer Moon - I've written this before on here - I've heard this from friends in PR and journalism (proper, professional, non-gossip/serious news journalists!) that there is pressure to write about popular celebrities and say very negative things because those articles get loads of clicks. And then the websites can show their advertisers how many clicks, and then get more money. The gossip sites know full well that if they write nasty things about Johnny there will be a load of comments defending him - and they don't care about alienating readership because they don't. People read it any way - I know myself I find it hard not to click into a Daily Mail or whatever it is article about him.

If he fed them fodder of going out every week with a different new starlet on his arm, they'd really happily print that. But since he doesn't and won't 'give' them anything - they circle around and write the bad stuff. He also has a reputation for not taking action, so the papers know they won't get nasty lawyers' letters if they write something.

If you look at say the Kardashians - whenever they get negative stuff about them they give the press something else (more pictures of KK's backside or whatever). Johnny won't play that game. In the long run he is probably right not too - it is incredibly hard to control the media monster.

One last thought - there are two different things: social media and how the press reports social media. If you'd read the media about fan reaction to Johnny as Grindelwald you'd have the impression no one want him to play it. In fact he had loads of support and even the accounts which were quoted in most cases had far more neutral or supportive comments.

The only thing we can do is ignore the crap and enjoy the good.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Sun May 06, 2018 12:41 pm

This thread has veered off topic, please let's keep it focused on the legal case. Thank you!

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun May 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Joni wrote:This thread has veered off topic, please let's keep it focused on the legal case. Thank you!
I guess we should start a separate one for the body guards. I guess you are able to move whatever comments would be suitable to the new post. Thank you