The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
sleepy
JDZ Founder

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by sleepy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 am

Six months till the court case. By then, they will have drug his name and reputation down the rabbit hole. If they continue making accusations about his treatment of Amber, that were never proved in court, silence from Johnny will only mean "guilty" as far as the public is concerned. By his managers saying it was true he abused Amber, if those statements are false, his attorney's need to do something. Silence, or "waiting 6 more months till the trial" is a bad idea. By then, he will already be tried and convicted by the public.
Funny ol' world, innit?

Jackslady

Unread post by Jackslady » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:58 am

It's really upsetting. I believe Johnny is a good person and that is what I'm holding on to.

I don't talk about him much with friends in the everyday world, but actually many of them have expressed sympathy towards him and haven't assumed Amber's acccusations are true. But I know times aren't good for him at present and I feel something has to be done to try and quell these awful stories.

Tha Australian dog saga is particularly irritating. I get that quarantine laws have to be strict but I always felt this was more on Amber than Johnny. He has been travelling the world for decades making films and nothing like this had ever occurred before. Surely his kids had pets and so on, and his team would have been used to checking this stuff before he flew to various places. I dislike Amber so much on every level and wish to goodness he'd never met her. I keep hoping the press will move on to hammering someone else.
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 am

I agree with every word you've written, Jackslady. I am especially in sync with the love and frustration wrapped in those words.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

nebraska

Unread post by nebraska » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Personally, I hope Johnny and his lawyers stay above the mud slinging nastiness that is happening at the moment. I just don't see that anything can be gained by waging a war of ugliness in the tabloids with these unscrupulous people. Hard as it is to have them trying to destroy Johnny, I think it can only bring him down to their level if he retaliates in the media. His talent is great enough to pull his career through this.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:15 pm

nebraska wrote:Personally, I hope Johnny and his lawyers stay above the mud slinging nastiness that is happening at the moment. I just don't see that anything can be gained by waging a war of ugliness in the tabloids with these unscrupulous people. Hard as it is to have them trying to destroy Johnny, I think it can only bring him down to their level if he retaliates in the media. His talent is great enough to pull his career through this.
I agree. I think they need to keep whatever they have for the trial

bringmethathorizon

Unread post by bringmethathorizon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 pm

I am frankly getting tired of defending Johnny to my co-workers , the Doctors and some friends and family. They have already made up their minds, that his career is now over. They wont even listen to me and I get upset with them, so I am now just walking away and not saying anything, I have tried and tried and they wont listen. It's quite sad and disappointing to me that everyone feels the need to tell me their thoughts on this when they all know how important Johnny is to me!! There has always been controversy around Johnny, that's one of the many reasons I love him! I can so relate to him, especially about being shy and public speaking. I am a better more person today, because of Johnny. I will stand by Johnny 100% till the day I die. Just for the record no, I don't think he should've said that and I don't agree or like every thing that he does. I can't love him any more than I do and I can't love him any less. That's all I have to say on this topic, now off to my 5th viewing of Pirates 5.
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"
Edward D. Wood, Jr.

marija

Unread post by marija » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:41 pm

bringmethathorizon wrote:I am frankly getting tired of defending Johnny to my co-workers , the Doctors and some friends and family. They have already made up their minds, that his career is now over. They wont even listen to me and I get upset with them, so I am now just walking away and not saying anything, I have tried and tried and they wont listen. It's quite sad and disappointing to me that everyone feels the need to tell me their thoughts on this when they all know how important Johnny is to me!! There has always been controversy around Johnny, that's one of the many reasons I love him! I can so relate to him, especially about being shy and public speaking. I am a better more person today, because of Johnny. I will stand by Johnny 100% till the day I die. Just for the record no, I don't think he should've said that and I don't agree or like every thing that he does. I can't love him any more than I do and I can't love him any less. That's all I have to say on this topic, now off to my 5th viewing of Pirates 5.
:agreesign: I've given up to talk to people who are only interested in the gossip :censored: even some of my family members and friends choosed to believe what they read in the yellow press as to listen to some explanations about Johnny from me. I don't wast my time any longer for them...btw. through this I've learned who is a real friend and who isn't. I'm so glad to have my daughters and of course you zoners...savvy :yes2: :worldhug:
...it's not easy, to be different..."

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 pm

marija wrote:
bringmethathorizon wrote:I am frankly getting tired of defending Johnny to my co-workers , the Doctors and some friends and family. They have already made up their minds, that his career is now over. They wont even listen to me and I get upset with them, so I am now just walking away and not saying anything, I have tried and tried and they wont listen. It's quite sad and disappointing to me that everyone feels the need to tell me their thoughts on this when they all know how important Johnny is to me!! There has always been controversy around Johnny, that's one of the many reasons I love him! I can so relate to him, especially about being shy and public speaking. I am a better more person today, because of Johnny. I will stand by Johnny 100% till the day I die. Just for the record no, I don't think he should've said that and I don't agree or like every thing that he does. I can't love him any more than I do and I can't love him any less. That's all I have to say on this topic, now off to my 5th viewing of Pirates 5.
:agreesign: I've given up to talk to people who are only interested in the gossip :censored: even some of my family members and friends choosed to believe what they read in the yellow press as to listen to some explanations about Johnny from me. I don't wast my time any longer for them...btw. through this I've learned who is a real friend and who isn't. I'm so glad to have my daughters and of course you zoners...savvy :yes2: :worldhug:

:grouphug:

I can relate to what has been said here.
When it comes to misinformed friends or family members who question me about the truth, I answer with honesty and conviction. So far, my explanations have been well received with updates since the divorce. Usually explaining the sleazy way gossip sites and magazines twist and spin their stories and how they sensationalize in order to draw in the dollars, helps with understanding why there are attacks against Johnny. Ultimately, the individuals who are opposed to me defending Johnny aren't worth the time or trouble.

The views expressed here on the Zone have been very informative, interesting and enlightening. I'm reminded that when speaking about Johnny, there are multiple reasons for his actions because Johnny is a multi-faceted artist with many faces in his pockets.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

magicmoment

Unread post by magicmoment » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:25 pm

First of all, I agree with Nebraska, what should be in court should stay there, he shouldn't stoop to their levels. Johnny has always been like this, 'never complain, never explain'.
I don't think he can say anything for now, do you think people gonna believe him if he said 'TMG is lying!'?, no, I don't think so, I think they'll hate him more for doing so. After all, these are people who believe tabloids and gossips, which is very telling about their characters, they just find someone to hate, to gossip, to drag down. Unfortuantely, this time it's Johnny round. This time, he is the victim of media's slander and malicious lies.

Second, I don't know if I should share this, but I think it may, somehow, calm some of us down? Maybe, hope so.
Some of us on Twitter talked to Gina (Stephen's wife), she said they're all supporting him in real life with all their efforts, and they acknowledge every lies that being printed about him, and they do their best to deal with it, just because they don't say anything doesn't mean they're ignorant to what being said. She said, however, to brave yourself because they're gonna be ugly reporting for a while, and we must brave the storm.
Anyway, she said that 'patiently wating for the truth to prevail'.

I myself think Johnny know what he could have faced when he decided to sue the Mandels. And I think that video clip from last year which was uploaded on Tommy's instagram that Johnny sent a message to his fans, thanking us and then said 'let's hang in there, shall we?' can be related to this.
So I think he knows how ugly it can become, what he has to face, and what his fans have to deal with. I don't think he would sue the Mandels if he and his lawyer don't think they have a solid case. (And as far as I've seen, they have nothing on him, so they have to try to discredit him. It may work for some of the public opinions, but I don't think the judge could be that blind.)

I think all we need to do now is just defending him as much as we could, but if some people are too ignorant and norrow-minded to listen to us, then all we can do is supporting him, trusting him, believing in him and keep our finger crossed that everything will be in his favour at last.
Because I'm sure all he really wants for now is not for everyone to believe him, but love and support from his loved ones whether they be his family, friends and fans.
Last edited by magicmoment on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 pm

magicmoment wrote:First of all, I agree with Nebraska, what should be in court should stay there, he shouldn't stoop to their levels. Johnny has always been like this, 'never complain, never explain'.
I don't think he can say anything for now, do you think people gonna believe him if he said 'TMG is lying!'?, no, I don't think so, I think they'll hate him more for doing so. After all, these are people who believe tabloids and gossips, which is very telling about their characters, they just find someone to hate, to gossip, to drag down. Unfortuantely, this time it's Johnny round. This time, he is the victim of media's slander and malicious lies.

Second, I don't know if I should share this, but I think it may, somehow, calm some of us down? Maybe, hope so.
Some of us on Twitter talked to Gina (Stephen's wife), she said they're all supporting him in real life with all their efforts, and they acknowledge every lies that being printed about him, and they do their best to deal with it, just because they don't say anything doesn't mean they're ignorant to what being said. She said, however, to brave yourself because they're gonna be ugly reporting for a while, and we must brave the storm.
I wonder if she means more dirt to come out or just it will be awhile to overcome this round

magicmoment

Unread post by magicmoment » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Lbock wrote:
magicmoment wrote:First of all, I agree with Nebraska, what should be in court should stay there, he shouldn't stoop to their levels. Johnny has always been like this, 'never complain, never explain'.

I wonder if she means more dirt to come out or just it will be awhile to overcome this round
Could be both. Who knows? It can't be uglier than this anyway, imo.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:16 am

I deliberately haven't clicked onto this thread for a few days because I just hate all of this - but just read back through and my heart nearly broke at your comments 'bringmethathorizon'. I wanted to give you a hug.

I don't know where you are all based so this is a UK and France perspective which is where I spend most of my time. And what I am about to say is not a defence of the comments at Glastonbury but

(1) I'd be much more worried if he hadn't just had a big hit film out and also that he clearly has the support of the queen of a very important franchise - JK Rowling. I think what she wrote was hugely important and got heavy support

(2) Once again I've been amazed that the whole thing - both Glastonbury and the revival of the DV allegations thanks to those idiot so-called financial advisers - hasn't really had an impact on most people. There is a lot of real news going on and what's in the tabloids doesn't really matter to most sane people

(3) This might be a slightly controversial thing to say and please don't judge me - but I actually think he has won some fans over the Trump thing. People I know who went to Glastonbury (ok, a quite specific crowd) thought he was amazing - both the screenings and his guitar playing was apparently beautiful. UK press about his appearance with Kris Kristofferson could not have been nicer. Again really struck by that twitter thing I posted where the guy asked people to retweet a BuzzFeed article if they WEREN'T offended. Huge response.

(4) So my job encompasses a bit of PR work, a bit of opinion polling amongst other things and if he were our client we would be advising him to do exactly what he's doing. It is all horrible at the moment but Pirates is already out and has done well. He doesn't have a film out for quite a while, and the really big one - FB2 is not here until late next year. So let the storm blow, he mustn't seem defensive. On the court case - the Mandels are clearly desperately chucking everything out there in a bid to settle before hand. Since nothing they have said answers the key elements of the case - you wonder what case they've got.

(5) Johnny is extremely well respected in Hollywood- years of politeness and being so great to work with - which is pretty much what everyone says about him - was a good investment. The bad news didn't delay the announcement of the new TV show - they could have delayed that if they wanted - but it's important to just carry on with business as usual.

(6) Finally he has talent, serious talent. Go back to the Inquisitor article about how few people can actually be called in to do what he does. And do also read the Forbes one again about why they've be a sixth Pirates.

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:23 am

Ade :agreesign: !!! Good speech !!! :applause2:

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:07 am

nebraska wrote:Personally, I hope Johnny and his lawyers stay above the mud slinging nastiness that is happening at the moment. I just don't see that anything can be gained by waging a war of ugliness in the tabloids with these unscrupulous people. Hard as it is to have them trying to destroy Johnny, I think it can only bring him down to their level if he retaliates in the media. His talent is great enough to pull his career through this.
Yes I totally agree with you nebraska, Johnny stays out of the spotlight and leaves things to his lawyers to deal with. Anything he says publicly is utterly scrutinised no matter how innocuous it is and then used by others. Haters are gonna hate and there are far too many gullible people who live through social media and take everything posted to be the truth.
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

momindeppcamp

Unread post by momindeppcamp » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:32 am

My dad used to say" Keep your nose clean and your mouth shut!" and then you will have a happy life. :hope:
I believe that is the best advice and in this case I would pass it on.

So sorry to see such a great character actor and person in so much trouble. :perplexed2:

Alas, negative news is still news. :namaste:
What is that? It is a Terrible Towel ,Chuckle A Terrible Towel?, Yes it is a Terrible Towel for you and your son. Over this left shoulder it went. Never to be seen or heard from again. I am always so misunderstood.