The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue May 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Part of an article that concerns me.... (from E Online)

"When Depp's spending outpaced his earnings, and he refused to change his lifestyle, he was forced to borrow large sums of money to continue living the lifestyle he admittedly chose," the documents state.

"Depp, and Depp alone, is fully responsible for any financial turmoil he finds himself in today. He has refused to live within his means, despite the best efforts of TMG and the repeated warnings about his financial condition from TMG and his other advisors. The arithmetic is straightforward: Depp spent more than he brought in, notwithstanding repeated warnings by TMG."

...TMG claims the Pirates of the Caribbean actor terminated services in March 2016 and "refused" to pay the firm back on a $5 million loan it made to him when he was "facing public financial ruin" in 2012. TMG also calls Depp's allegations that he was unaware of his dire financial condition "absurd and untrue."
So if he borrowed the 5M to avoid financial ruin, then he had to know he was in a bad way. If he was spending faster than what was coming in, there might not have been money to pay taxes in time. His income was probably a certain payment up front and some in the back end that didn't add up to what he was banking on as the pictures didn't do well. I so hope Johnny comes out ok in this

Last edited by Theresa on Tue May 02, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added newsquote to separate the quote from poster's comments.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue May 02, 2017 2:59 pm

And it keeps coming...July 25, 2008

Kirsten Dunst Claims Johnny Depp Wears Earbuds While Acting

At Wednesday night's opening party for 303 Gallery on 21st Street, Kirsten Dunst was uncharacteristically open — perhaps because she wanted to plug her documentary, but also because we asked her about music, a topic she clearly loves to discuss. She's into My Morning Jacket and Fleet Foxes and told us she uses music to get into character a lot. In her recently wrapped movie All Good Things, for example, she had a scene where she had to go a little bit crazy, so she listened to music to help her out: Arcade Fire. "And Daniel Johnston can make you feel crazy," she added, referring to the actually crazy cult singer. "He's great." We must have seemed dubious, because Dunst dropped a Hollywood bombshell: "But Johnny Depp has music playing in his ear when he acts," she said. "He has an earbud. That's why he's so great."

Wait, so Captain Jack Sparrow was listening to the Rolling Stones the whole time? "I don't know if he does it on every project, but I know he does," Dunst said. What kind of music does Depp listen to? "I have no idea," Dunst replied, her story kind of losing steam. We asked her how Depp conceals this supposed earbud from the camera: "Maybe his hair's covering it? I don't know, but I know he does it," Dunst persisted. Finally, we asked Dunst to reveal her source. "I'm in the biz," she said. "Word gets around." We checked in with Depp's representatives on this somewhat sketchy-sounding (but almost plausible!) hearsay — earsay? — but she didn't respond to our e-mails. —Darrell Hartman

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Tue May 02, 2017 3:10 pm

The claims made in this countersuit are ridiculous. Johnny has often said in interviews that he listens to music through earbuds...and has a sound tech on set with him...whenever he's filming scenes. There's nothing new about that--and nowhere has he ever said he gets fed lines. That's what Marlon Brando used to do, NOT Johnny.

And even if he did get his lines fed to him, what does that have to do with his former business management team? Other than the sound tech's salary, it's absolutely NONE of their business.

Endora

Unread post by Endora » Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm

I'd love to know how wearing or indeed not wearing earbuds is relevant to how a person deals with their own finances. Crazy.
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Welcome to the Zone Lbock :bigwave:

Yeah, the earplugs are old news. But all those tabloids :-/ you know - like with the divorce, I don't need to know all these things.
I prefer if I had not known any of this. :no2:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue May 02, 2017 3:45 pm

And hello to you too, thanks for the welcome,

I actually think it's kind of ingenious. Sure he listens to music, but every DVD for every movie has its blooper roll. No actor is perfect. Johnny has a lot of lines to say and often fast and furious. I remember on one blooper roll he was laughing and said he was going to kill the writers for so many lines and crazy words he had to say. If in fact someone helps him with lines, it's a win-win for the director/producer with less takes. And for the studio and Johnny foots the bill.

Vanilla Night

Unread post by Vanilla Night » Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm

What kind of nonsense?!!!! How are Depp's finances financed and listening to music in headphones?!!!!!! :banghead:
Here everything is clear as a white day: scammers will blacken Johnny, because no one wants to go to jail for fraud on such a scale. But this is completely nonsense. I'm talking about finance and music now.
From Russia with love! :lovehearts:

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread post by sleepy » Tue May 02, 2017 4:05 pm

All these financial "details" and so called disclosures on his personal spending problems, alluding to his stability, will be very damaging to his career. They are accusing him of being out of control, and that scares producers and the studios. We naturally believe in Johnny, but it's difficult, hearing all of this.
Funny ol' world, innit?

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Wed May 03, 2017 3:25 pm

I think - hope - that Johnny’s good reputation will help him. He's been around for more than thirty years and people know him. Some even love him :love: And they should also know that one shouldn’t believe all one read. If they don't, they are not smart enough to run big studios, in my opinion!

Vanillababe

Unread post by Vanillababe » Wed May 03, 2017 3:53 pm

I don't believe a word from his ex-managers' mouth. What kind of company spills lies about a person to the media?? Seriously? They must be very scared. What does what Depp spends any of their business? Does that give them the right to steal from him? That is the case here. Fraud and theft. What does Depp wearing an ear piece have to do with anything? Maybe Depp does need a mental evaluation. He must be nuts to trust lunatics like that. Johnny's problem is he is TOO trusting. This past year has been tough for him. Losing his mother, having a liar for a wife and managers that steal from him. I love him and always will. He is a true sweetheart and amazing actor and I will defend him always. :bouquet:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu May 04, 2017 7:34 am

GLENN MCCONNELL
Last updated 15:52, May 4 2017

Impossible for Johnny Depp to pay for his lines to be fed through, film co-star says

One of Johnny Depp​'s Pirates of the Caribbean co-stars has come to Depp's defence against allegations he pays to have his lines fed through to him.

Depp's former managers filed documents in court that alleged Depp​ spent hundreds of thousands of dollars paying people to feed him lines while on set.

Actor Brenton Thwaites, who co-stars with Depp in the latest outing of the swashbuckling film series, said it was "impossible" he was having his lines fed through to him.

"I'd say it's normal for older actors who have memory problems. Johnny's too impulsive to do that, every take is different," Thwaites said.

Thwaites' character is a headstrong young sailor who teamed up with Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) in their quest to find the only thing that could save them, the Trident of Poseidon.

Allegations against Depp state that he payed thousands for a sound engineer to feed him lines while he acted. Reporters at the court said the claims were made to paint Depp as someone too entitled to memorise his own lines and therefore take responsibility for his own actions. The claims were made during a case Depp took against his ex-managers, TMG.

Thwaites, who started working with Depp in 2015, said while Depp may not know his lines well, he definitely wasn't paying to have someone tell them to him.

"Johnny's so used to playing this character, he's done it for five years. From watching him, he tends to slot in and out easily. He knows this, it's just him," Thwaites said.

He recalled how Depp would say something different every take, he ad-libbed his way through filming, and Thwaites said it worked.

Asked if Depp could have been getting lines fed through to him, Thwaites said: "Logistically, I don't know how the tech could keep up with that."

Depp filed a NZ$47 million lawsuit against his former managers, claiming they had been mismanaging his earnings.

- Stuff

Last edited by Joni on Thu May 04, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Missing text and credits added.

jruoss

Unread post by jruoss » Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 am

From Deadline Hollywood article posted by Lbock:
Depp has engaged in a clear pattern and practice of habitually lying to the public and to public authorities, and of requiring others (including long-term employees, family and so-called friends) to lie on his behalf. This practice has become Depp’s modus operandi when confronted with and asked to take responsibility for his continually outrageous and sad conduct.”
That's Johnny, just pathetic, outrageous and sad. Continually. Have you ever known his conduct to be anything but continually sad? I mean having to give everyone he might strike up a friendship with that list of lies to memorize and repeat must get exhausting. He must be using up so much energy deceiving everyone in the world constantly for 17 years, no wonder he's never done any good movie acting, music, or anything else. How could such a horrible monster have anything to offer? TMG knows that every act of kindness Johnny has ever done has been to cover up his true identity as a cutthroat spender.
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

jruoss

Unread post by jruoss » Fri May 05, 2017 7:24 pm

The thing that really gets it is not only is TMG apparently ready to stoop to the lowest levels, but the way their statements are worded in their latest bile, trying to make Johnny sound like this pathetic worthless person that they are superior to! What a joke! And by the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the statement "it's my money, if I want to buy 15,000 cotton balls a day, it's my thing". They're basically trying to say that everything we think we know about Johnny is wrong, and if you bring up the subject of money to him, he will bite your head right off.
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

chic

Unread post by chic » Sat May 06, 2017 4:37 pm

We have an accord, jruoss! Johnny can spend his money any :censored: way he wants to, of course. I really hope the Judge in this matter sees through the bull....! Good luck to you, Johnny! The truth will out. :toastingpirates:
Just keep breathin'. (JKL)

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 pm

:agreesign: with you jruos and chic