Hollywood Vampires--All the latest news

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Re: Hollywood Vampires--All the latest news

Unread post by Joni » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:33 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:I believe the pics are Johnny's house.
Yes, I think so, too. I was thinking maybe that's his recording studio.

emma

Unread post by emma » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:16 am

Johnny Depp to perform concerts with Alice Cooper, Joe Perry

Johnny Depp is set to perform live with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry as the musical group Hollywood Vampires.

The band on Wednesday announced shows scheduled for Sept. 16 and 17 at The Roxy in West Hollywood, California. Tickets go on sale Friday.

The trio is based off Cooper's 1970s drinking club, the Hollywood Vampires, which included John Lennon, Harry Nilsson and Micky Dolenz.

The group will release a self-titled album Sept. 11 that includes collaborations with Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Joe Walsh, Slash, Brian Johnson and others. Depp plays guitar throughout the album and sings background on some of the tracks.

Proceeds from the album will benefit MusiCares, which provides financial and personal assistance to musicians.

Hollywood Vampires also will perform at Brazil's Rock in Rio on Sept. 24.

Depp, meanwhile, has been busy filming "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" in Australia. He recently showed up at a children's hospital dressed up as his character, Captain Jack Sparrow.

smitten

Unread post by smitten » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks for the news, Emma. You're the best!!!! :airkiss:
" why are you talking this way, Mort ?"
" it's just the way I talk"
"you're scaring me"
" it don't matter.You won't be scared long"

emma

Unread post by emma » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:41 am

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

In 1972, on the Sunset Strip at a club called the Rainbow Bar & Grill, the Hollywood Vampires were born in the upstairs bar. It was a gathering place for rock stars living in or passing through L.A. "To join the club, one simply had to out drink all of the members," says Alice Cooper, a founding member of the Vampires. "I would walk in on a typical night," Alice says, "and John Lennon, Harry Nilsson, Keith Moon—who would usually be in a costume like a maid or a chauffeur—Bernie Taupin, Jim Morrison and Mickey Dolenz would be there. The next week might be Bernie Taupin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Mickey Dolenz."

Now, returning to where it once began, the Hollywood Vampires (Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp, and Joe Perry) have announced today two shows at the notorious Sunset Strip music venue, The Roxy. This will mark the Hollywood Vampires' only U.S. appearances on September 16 and 17, and will surely be the most sought after ticket in town. Joining the Hollywood Vampires live will be Matt Sorum on drums, Duff McKagan on bass, Tommy Henriksen on guitar, and Bruce Witkin on piano and guitar. Tickets are on sale on August 14 for the September 16 show at http://ticketf.ly/1EdJvSI; and September 17 show at http://ticketf.ly/1W5TvIT.

Additionally on September 24, in what will be their only international appearance, the band will head to Brazil for "Rock in Rio." Before that show, the band will partner with Starkey Hearing Foundation, an organization that has provided more than 1.8 million free hearing aids to people in need in more than 100 countries, to offer and fit hearing aids to more than 150 people in need. After the hearing aid fittings, the Hollywood Vampires and Starkey Hearing Foundation will bring a number of individuals to the show so they can hear music for the first time in their lives.

"Hearing connects us to life, our families and to the world around us," said Bill Austin, founder of Starkey Hearing Foundation. "It's a precious gift, and we are excited to work with the Hollywood Vampires to introduce so many to the world of sound and help them hear music for the first time."

Three years ago, Alice and good friend Johnny Depp got together and decided the spirit of the Hollywood Vampires should live again (minus the drinking). An environment for great artists to hang, laugh and play together. The Hollywood Vampires live again with the release of the Hollywood Vampires new album. Alice and Johnny were joined by Joe Perry, who is an old friend of both of them, and with producer Bob Ezrin, the recording began: a tribute to the original Hollywood Vampires. The new album is set to be released on September 11 and all artist proceeds will be donated to MusiCares.

About Starkey Hearing Foundation

Starkey Hearing Foundation uses hearing as a vehicle to reflect caring and change lives around the world. Disabling hearing loss affects more than 360 million people, including 32 million children, worldwide, yet many do not have access to the hearing devices that can help them. As a member of Clinton Global Initiative, Starkey Hearing Foundation has pledged to provide more than one million hearing aids to people in need this decade and currently gives more than 175,000 hearing aids annually. In addition to giving the gift of hearing through worldwide hearing missions, Starkey Hearing Foundation promotes hearing health awareness and education through the Listen Carefully campaign and provides hearing instruments to low-income Americans through the Hear Now program. Started as the philanthropic effort of Starkey Hearing Technologies, Starkey Hearing Foundation was founded by William F. Austin in 1984. For more information on Starkey Hearing Foundation follow them on Facebook and Twitter, or visit http://www.starkeyhearingfoundation.org.

emma

Unread post by emma » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Alice Cooper

The Hollywood Vampires! Alice Cooper, Joe Perry, Johnny Deep, Paul McCartney...the way you like it baby.

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:49 pm

They opened a twitter account ;
Same picture as Emma posted. Thank you Emma!
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

jruoss

Unread post by jruoss » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Just saw all the updates for the Vampires. More guest stars than I was expecting, such as Perry Farrell, Joe Walsh, Christopher Lee! Haven't even listened to the released track yet, but I think I'd like to have a physical copy of this album.
The only thing that seems like a "drawback" is that most of the tracks have at least 3 guitarist credits, so it may be somewhat difficult to pick out what Johnny's doing specifically. It would be cool if the clips from that album teaser were part of a larger behind the scenes video!
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:30 pm

jruoss wrote:Just saw all the updates for the Vampires. More guest stars than I was expecting, such as Perry Farrell, Joe Walsh, Christopher Lee! Haven't even listened to the released track yet, but I think I'd like to have a physical copy of this album.
The only thing that seems like a "drawback" is that most of the tracks have at least 3 guitarist credits, so it may be somewhat difficult to pick out what Johnny's doing specifically. It would be cool if the clips from that album teaser were part of a larger behind the scenes video!
I had that same problem years ago when I got my first copy of the album "P" -- couldn't tell which guitar was Johnny's. So what I did was assume the one that sounded the best, the one I liked the most, was him. :grin:

Worked for me! :lol:

jruoss

Unread post by jruoss » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:38 pm

I also see that Robby Krieger, The Doors original guitarist, is playing on The Doors covers medley! Shouldn't be too hard to figure out which part is him, anyway...
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:08 pm

jruoss wrote:I also see that Robby Krieger, The Doors original guitarist, is playing on The Doors covers medley! Shouldn't be too hard to figure out which part is him, anyway...
True!

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Joe Perry, Alice Cooper Contemplate Hollywood Vampires Shows
Not that anyone asked us, but we think they should do it.

By Brian Ives
Radio.com
August 14, 2015 10:13 AM

Call them the best bar band on the planet, even though they could probably play large theaters, or even arenas just based on their lineup.

The core of the semi-newly-formed Hollywood Vampires—guitarist Joe Perry of Aerosmith, frontman Alice Cooper and guitarist Johnny Depp (formerly of the Kids, also formerly of a band known only as P)—are all guys with large fanbases, to say the least. And after they release their self-titled debut (due out September 11), their first two gigs will be at a relatively small joint, the Roxy on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles on September 16 and 17. After that, they only have one other scheduled concert, which is a considerably larger one: they’re playing the Rock in Rio Festival in Brazil on September 24. For live shows, the band’s lineup will also feature Guns N Roses/Velvet Revolver members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum.

Of course, only a lucky few will get into the Roxy shows, and most Americans aren’t able to make the trip to Rio for a rock festival. So will there be other opportunities in the future to see this supergroup?

Radio.com spoke to Perry and Cooper yesterday (August 13) — the other guitarist was, apparently, busy — and we asked about further shows.

Joe Perry predicts that when people see footage of their performances, it will create demand. “Stuff from the Roxy, or Rio, is gonna end up on YouTube, and I bet that [Alice Cooper manager] Shep [Gordon] is gonna start getting phone calls. It’s gonna be a matter of schedules. Johnny’s schedule runs differently than ours. He has to promote [his films]. He has some movies coming out that are really good.”

Cooper adds, “Yeah, this Whitey Bulger film [Black Mass, the true story of Whitey Bulger, a South Boston criminal turned FBI informant, due out later this year] looks really good. They’re talking about an Academy Award for him on this movie, that’s how good it’s supposed to be. ”

“He’s due for one!” Perry says. “But once word gets out about us, people are gonna want to see us. I’ve had times, like when the [Joe Perry] Project was together, it was hard getting gigs at first. But then I did a few, and did a few TV shows, and then the phone calls started coming . That’s what I think is gonna happen. Also, we’re not gonna need to do two weeks of rehearsal for a gig.”

Cooper agrees: “Once we get these ones under our belt, I think that it’s gonna be easy, it’ll be something we can just do.”

But they do have plans for their next release. “We have to at least do a live album!” Perry said.

Cooper concurred, “Absolutely!”

“But right now, we just gotta get through the first Roxy shows,” Perry noted.

The Hollywood Vampires’ debut album contains two originals, as well as covers of songs by John Lennon, Badfinger, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and the Small Faces, among others. Look for our full interview with Cooper and Perry next month.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Posted by emma, Aug 24, 2015

Video snippets

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Posted by emma, Aug 26. 2015

Hear Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp's Gritty 'My Generation'

My Generation & Rolling Stone article

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Posted by Pixie, Aug 26, 2015

Thank you emma!

There's 3 more tracks if you click on the icon top right corner...

School's Out/Another Brick In The Wall
My Dead Drunk Friend
I Got A Line On You

Really excited about this project, all my favourite rock guys in one band and they sound great! :D I am keeping my fingers crossed they will come to the UK one day.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Posted by Dido, Aug 30, 2015

Wouldn't that be amazing if they came to the UK? Fingers and toes crossed!!