The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

For more relaxed conversation about Johnny Depp, to share favorite Depp photos & scans, have themed pic parties, or to identify unknown pics
jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Some of you may have noticed that this film Terry Gilliam tried to make with Johnny some 18 years ago has finally been realized, with Jonathon Pryce (Gov. Swan) as Quixote and Adam Driver in Johnny's role. According to Terry, the script has improved since 2001, yet I feel like it won't be as wonderfully strange as what would have been with Johnny's creative contributions. I'd still like to see it, but it only has a one night premiere at 7pm April 10 at theatres in my area.
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:11 pm

It's playing in STL on Wednesday, too. I'm going to try to see it. I am curious to see what all the fuss is about. Pryce should be very good and is a long-time Terry Gilliam associate.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:30 pm

For anyone interested in seeing how this turned out, it is available to stream on Amazon, of which the few reviews are generally very positive. Did not get to see it in the theater, but I plan to watch it some time soon. According to blu-ray.com, a home version will be released in the U.S. on June 4 for $29, though Amazon does not yet reflect this.
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:34 pm

I didn't get to see it in the theaters, either. When I checked, almost every viewing was sold out. I imagine I'll watch it at some point.

Return to “DeppChat & Pic Parties”