The Birthday Project Countdown--TODAY is the last day to give!

Give in Johnny's honor and help Navajo families.
Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

The Birthday Project Countdown--TODAY is the last day to give!

Unread post by Theresa » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:42 pm

June is finally here...there are no more days left left before we arrive at Johnny's birthday and the close of our 2012 Birthday Project for Project Pueblo. Don't miss the opportunity of telling Johnny "Happy Birthday" with a donation to this worthy project.
 The clock is speeding toward the finish of this year's birthday project to give the gift of water for a few Navajo elders.
Won't you assist in helping to give them this very simple gift...a clean glass of water?
Donation details are on this thread: [/color]

_____
It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that you cannot sincerely try to help another without helping yourself.
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
Last edited by Theresa on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: Counting down the days!

SnoopyDances

Re: The Birthday Project 2012 Countdown begins! 8 more days until Johnny's birthday

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 pm

:yikes: Only EIGHT more days?!
Thanks for the reminder, Theresa!

Dig Depp everyone! :worldhug:

winona

Re: The Birthday Project 2012 Countdown begins! 8 more days until Johnny's birthday

Unread post by winona » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 pm

SnoopyDances wrote: :yikes: Only EIGHT more days?!
Thanks for the reminder, Theresa!

Dig Depp everyone! :worldhug:
I said it a few days ago Dig deep, or Depp! Lets show our guy what we can can do for the less fortunate!
Because love has your face and body .....and your hands are tender and your mouth is sweet-and God has made no other eyes like yours. Walter Benton

In-too-Depp

Re: The Birthday Project Countdown begins! 8 more days until Johnny's birthday

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:05 am

Thanks for the reminder Theresa, time sure has passed by quickly. So many have already donated but I'm sure there will be alot more before the countdown has finished. :cool:
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

SnoopyDances

Re: The Birthday Project Countdown begins! 8 more days until Johnny's birthday

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 am

[youtube]T6H75gcAlXg[/youtube]

Please take a few minutes every day to pray for our water. Water is the lifeblood of Mother Earth. The best way to help our planet and our waters is to love and be true to ourselves and each other. Because water holds and reflects memory, thought, intention and emotion, WE MUST LOOK WITHIN for the love and joy we are seeking, and we MUST pick up our sacred bundles. In other words, we each need to connect with and honour the spirit within us, in order to help heal the waters of this planet... and ultimately to heal ourselves.
For the full story, click here:

SnoopyDances

Re: The Birthday Project Countdown begins! 7 more days until Johnny's birthday

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:49 am

[youtube]NXYe2AeW9SE[/youtube]

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Re: The Birthday Project Countdown begins! 5 more days until Johnny's birthday

Unread post by Theresa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks for the videos, Snoopy! A little 'mood music' for clicking on that PayPal button...yes?

Well, we're in the home stretch now. Just 5 more days until Johnny's birthday and the close of this year's birthday project!

Cyn

Unread post by Cyn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:39 pm

And not only The Brave and TLR, but the theme in Rango :rango2: also correlates to this birthday project--the dry town's desperate need for water! :rango1: ("Cool...clear...water..") :yes:
We have almost come to expect from Johnny Depp performances that are better than they have to be. ~Stephen Daly
He doesn't belong in show business...he belongs somewhere better. ~Sarah Jessica Parker :heart2:

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:07 pm

[youtube]VQV-qsFoAIE[/youtube]

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Re: The Birthday Project Countdown begins! 4 more days until Johnny's birthday

Unread post by Theresa » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:05 pm

The count goes on...only 4 more days until Johnny's birthday and the end of this year's birthday project.

And to make it easy to donate, here's a quick link to all the details -->

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Re: The Birthday Project Countdown begins! 3 more days until Johnny's birthday

Unread post by Theresa » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm

:flower: Just a reminder...THREE more days! :flower:

seanwycliffe

Unread post by seanwycliffe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks everyone for all your support and donations! We have received many of your checks in the mail so far, and I can't tell you how humbled and honored we are to be participating in your fundraiser. :loveshower: :biggrin:

From the looks of it, we should be able to install many water systems for some families that are in dire need. I'll keep you all updated! We are hoping to do some of these this summer.

Thanks again,

Sean

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Alright. I committed in May to come back in June and dig deep and do it again. So I have.

Thank you Theresa and the Zone for the opportunity to see what needs to be done. Every year we do this in honor of our actor's birthday. It's such a beautiful thing, joining hands over space, over time, and helping someone. This year's project is very meaningful to me as I drove through the Bennett Freeze in April in the process of moving my brother's car from California to the East Coast. What an exquisitely beautiful land, but the poverty stunned me. The only thing I could think of was a trip to Port-Au-Prince, Haiti -- the same bewildering sight -- immense poverty is a confusing thing. I came back determined to do something. And what do I find? Theresa's got it nailed. Zone, you move me.
Last edited by fireflydances on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

winona

Unread post by winona » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 pm

fireflydances wrote:Alright. I committed in May to come back in June and dig deep and do it again. So I have.

Thank you Theresa and the Zone for the opportunity to see what needs to be done. Every year we do this in honor of our actor's birthday. It's such a beautiful thing, joining hands over space, over time, and helping someone. This year's project is very meaningful to me as I drove through the Bennett Freeze in April in the process of moving my brother's car from California to the East Coast. What an exquisitely beautiful land, but the poverty stunned me. The only thing I could think of was a trip to Port-Au-Prince, Haiti -- the same bewildering sight -- immense poverty is a confusing thing. I came back determined to do something. And what to I find? Theresa's got it nailed. Zone, you move me.
What a touching story, thank you for sharing, and may I say, Way to go!
Because love has your face and body .....and your hands are tender and your mouth is sweet-and God has made no other eyes like yours. Walter Benton

winona

Unread post by winona » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 pm

I have donated several times on my own behalf. This one will be in honor of my Father, on what would have been his Birthday, Happy Birthday Dad